Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: After reinstall,computer freezes at paypal login  (Read 6661 times)

lesg

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    After reinstall,computer freezes at paypal login
    « on: July 29, 2012, 10:27:10 AM »
    I've just reinstalled my dell dimension 5100,and now it freezes when I try to login to paypal.I reinstalled because I thought I might have a virus. I kept getting a window saying "internet explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close". I'd appreciate any suggestions as to what could be the problem

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: After reinstall,computer freezes at paypal login
    « Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 11:21:59 AM »
    EXACTLY what and how did you "reinstall"? EVERYTHING you did please.

lesg

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 12:05:22 PM »
      From switched off,I pressed the button to switch on,and immediately simultaneously pressed the Ctrl and F11 buttons.This resulted in a continuous ringing sound and a window giving two options:- system reinstall or system restore.I chose system reinstall.I had to use thethe modem's disc (voyager105 usb) and had to enter the dial up login details and the POP3(incoming mail)server and SMTP(outgoing mail)server details. Outlook Express works -I have received an email. Iwas able earlier to get my internet explorer page up, but now I don't seem to be able to-I get the page which starts "the page cannot be displayed"

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 05:25:55 PM »
      After the re-install your Paypal cookies were wiped...when you log back in successfully they will be re-created...

If you are using the wrong password...which i suspect is the issue contact them and they will be able to give you the correct one.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "