Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Toshiba Encore tablet not charging  (Read 4804 times)

antoniu200

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Everything happens for a reason
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Toshiba Encore tablet not charging
« on: December 14, 2016, 09:14:48 AM »
Hi! So, a month ago, my Encore tablet, when I was watching a movie off of it, it suddenly stopped charging. When I plugged the tablet in the TV, it started charging again. Until now, seems logical that it is the charger's fault. Sent it to warranty to get it fixed. Guys there said that they replaced the battery, but of course the tablet still wasn't charging + the battery lasted significantly less. Sent it back to them reporting what I faced after their "repair". Today, they informed me that the problem exists because I changed the OS. In my rush, I didn't choose Windows 8.1 64 bit, but 32. Not big mistake, because the tablet only has 2GB of RAM. But now they said to me that they replaced the Windows and it now works, but I don't believe them. Please tell me your advice, I wanna know if this is even possible to be the fault.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Toshiba Encore tablet not charging
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 10:02:48 AM »
Here is a reviewof  the Toshiba Encore 8 tablet
http://wccftech.com/review/toshiba-encore-8-80inch-windows-81-tablet-pc-review/
Is this the same model you have? Maybe not. Please give some more detailr.

From your post, it seems the repair people are telling you that the changer only works well with the 64 bit version of Windows.
I have never, ever heard of that. Not logical. Otherwise, how could it charge the battery while the system is turned off. 
I am sure that no Windows OS does anything while the CPU is turned off.

Overall, Toshiba has a good reputation.  I am not defending the repair people.  Still, any user alternation of the unit is violation of the warranty terms.

From the above link:
Battery: 5000 mAh 2-cell Lithium-ion, 7h 720p Video50h Audio Playback, 14.5h User scenario: 65% Web / 10% Video Playback / 25% Standby, 6 Week System Off, 7 days RTC Battery Life

Maybe some forum members have an idea?   :-\

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 10:17:52 AM »
Is your Power plan set to "balanced" in Control Panel ? ?

If not change it to that and see if it improves.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

antoniu200

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Yes
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 09:43:10 AM »
For Geek-9pm: Yes, it's the same exact tablet (this tablet should be called Toshiba Encore no-name). I was expecting that answer and it truly is very logical, but the reapir guts actually think that who replaced it (me), only because he was in a rush he doesn't know anything about computers&tablets. And also, the tablet is being fixed by the repair guys from the store I bought it in Romania, where I live, because there is no Toshiba in Romania, so the warranty is still available, fortunately.

For patio: The tablet don't charge at all. Please read my first post in this thread again, I think you forgot something or didn't read it.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 09:58:18 AM by antoniu200 »

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 10:07:49 AM »
Where did you have this work done ? ?...Was it a Factory Authorised Toshiba service center ? ?

If so you have recourse for them to do it properly...
A quick search shows tons of people had the same issue with that Model #...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

antoniu200

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Yes
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2016, 02:22:58 PM »
Yes, they are Toshiba authorized. But they are still liers, because that's how Romanian people usually are. It's bad to not know how to do things by yourself, look where you can get. And to not have the required tools to do such fix.