Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need Advice For Upgrading my computer  (Read 2999 times)

yogiho2

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Need Advice For Upgrading my computer
    « on: August 20, 2012, 12:42:00 AM »
    i want to upgrade my computer to suite the common games of today such world of Warcraft and league of legend but i honostly i have no idea what

should i upgrade first since hardware isnt my thing ..... anyway i made a list here so any advice what i should upgrade first ?? .. :

Graphic card :  GeForce 7025 / nForce 630a

Processor: AMD Sempron(tm) 130 Processor, ~2.6GHz

Memory: 2048MB RAM

Mother Board : BIOSTAR  N68S3+

so what do you think is the worst here and need argent upgrade ?? ... sorry for taking so much of your time :(

hartbeatmr

Apprentice

• Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Need Advice For Upgrading my computer
    « Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 01:20:13 AM »
    Good morning yogiho2 and welcome to CH

IN my opinion

Upgrade the CPU like a Phenom II X4 (around 106.00) CPU and fan
    You can burn out the on-board GPU chip playing some of the games like WOW etc put in PCIx video card like a HD 6870 (ATI version) or the equivalent of a NVidia card in like a GTX-560 etc. (around 180.00 to 200.00)
    Upgrade the ram to 4 + gigs keep one thing in mind a 32 bit OS will only 3 to 3.5 gigs and 64 bit can see 4+ gigs. Youe MoBo has a max of 8 gigs. (For 8 gig's of memory 2x4gig sticks is about 45.00)   

And no you are not wasting are time, If you have any questions please let us know. Mike
    Statement of the day.  The IT person asked. What kind of computer do you have and the customer replied a white one why?

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Need Advice For Upgrading my computer
    « Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 08:59:17 AM »
    What power supply do you have in your computer?  We need to know that before we could advise what to upgrade, in case your power supply can't power an upgraded power hungry CPU or graphics card.
    Please note your motherboard does not support the Phenom II X6 CPUs as its power circuitry is weak, the higher-end X4 CPUs will also push the board's capabilities, although they are supported.
    As above, the CPU and graphics card both need upgrading in order to play modern games, you could also do with an additional 2GB+ of RAM.