Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Refreshing only one tab only automatically with out hitting F5 in IE or Firefox  (Read 5037 times)

hartbeatmr

Topic Starter

Apprentice

• Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Good morning folks

Here are my specs
PC is Dell Inspiron 1525 running AMD dual core / 4 gigs ram / 320 gig HD & Windows 7 Home Premium (factory OS was Vista) with SP1 and browsers IE8 and Firefox 12

This is what I want to do.

I want to have one (1) tab refresh say every 20 sec's or so. So lets say I have 8 tabs open but I only want to have 1 tab refresh is it possible. If this can't be done in IE8 that will not be a deal beaker but I really would love to have this option in FF12 (my primary browser)

I know I can change the cashe size to 0 so when I go back one web page and then go forward again it will refresh the web page. I also know by hitting F5 can refresh the tab.

I have found FF add-ons that can do this but it does the refresh for ALL tabs not just the one tab I want.

Does anyone know how do this for either IE8 or in FF please let me know or if someone needs me to explain it further.

Thanks in advance, Mike       

Statement of the day.  The IT person asked. What kind of computer do you have and the customer replied a white one why?

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
Both TAB UTILITIES and TAB MIX PLUS will allow you to add "Refresh Tab Every...." to the context menu in Firefox. Tab Utilities will retain the setting even after FF is closed and restarted. Tab Mix Plus will have to be set every time you load FF.

hartbeatmr

Topic Starter

Apprentice

• Yes
Good morning Allan

That is what I was looking for but for some reason it would not work for me. I think it would not work because of some of my other add-ons that currently use but I did find another one that worked really well it was "ReloadEvery"

ReloadEvery is short and very easy to use. It does not do anything but refreshing the tab(s) you can enable it by right clicking on the web page and checking it and when you enable again your reload time setting is still there. And if wanted all tabs can be refreshed too.

I found this by changing the words that I had searched with in Google with thanks to you. As soon as I did a search for tab utilities issues some others had suggested reloadready. 

Thanks again, Mike

Your self and others may like this one too.   
Statement of the day.  The IT person asked. What kind of computer do you have and the customer replied a white one why?

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
I would open a browser session with the site you want refreshed and use whatever addon that works...Then open another instabce of the browser to do whatever else you are doing...

Just a thought.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

hartbeatmr

Topic Starter

Apprentice

• Yes
Good evening patio

Thank you for the input I have done that when needed but some times I just wanted just one tab to refresh to keep an eye on it. A good example would be like if I am at ebay and I am watching a product and it is getting close to the end so I can win it  ;D

Thanks a bunch for all the input. With my add-on's the "ReloadEvery" https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/reloadevery/works great, simple interface and it just works as it should. Mike