Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Somethging else we are first in  (Read 3669 times)

truenorth

Topic Starter

Guru

Helpmeh

Guru

• Roar.
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Somethging else we are first in
    « Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 11:49:53 PM »
    Don't we also have the worst speed for cost Internet, and the highest cell phone bills in the industrialized world?

It's the big tri-opoly going on. If there were more large ISPs other than Bell, Rogers, and Telus, things would be a lot more competitive. I personally use YesUpNet, an indie ISP and I get unlimited bandwidth and 5x my previous download speed for the same price as my previous Internet plan through bell.
    Where's MagicSpeed?
    Quote from: 'matt'
    He's playing a game called IRL. Great graphics, *censored* gameplay.

truenorth

Topic Starter

Guru

Re: Somethging else we are first in
      « Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 06:25:33 AM »
      Probably all you relate is also true. When essentially there is so little competition and stir in the greed factor this is what you get. The way i see it it will become worse as currently the entertainment/communications that Bell doesn't already own it wants to. I too use a domestic small ISP but it is essential to keep in mind that ALL the infrastructure is owned by the tri=opoly thus even they are greatly affected by what they will allow or make available.truenorth