Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Avira Antivirus?  (Read 15287 times)

rennagentry

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Avira Antivirus?
    « on: July 26, 2012, 03:33:00 AM »
    I have used this avira antivirus for long time, but now I can't update anymore, (not have license to continue) so what free antivius can I use now. I am not so happy for AVG/grisoft so if anyone can recommend another one.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Avira Antivirus?
    « Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 06:09:02 AM »
    I like Microsoft Security Essentials which is free. Been using that for over a year now and systems are clean. In addition to this I also run Malwarebytes the free version and also no malware on any machines.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 08:55:47 AM »
    I have used this avira antivirus for long time, but now I can't update anymore, (not have license to continue)
    Were you using the free version of Avira?  Why did  you not simply renew your license?

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 09:04:38 AM »
      As soybean is alluding to you do STILL have the option to use/install Avira. What has most likely happened is that a warning period past wherein you had the option to update your version (due to an approaching expiry) and you didn't do so. Then on the prescribed expiry date (one year after initial subscription i believe) they pulled the plug on your installation. That only means that you should uninstall (from add/remove programs) the expired version and go to the Avira web site and download/install the current version and re-register. As an addendum i believe Avira now insists that in order to use their anti virus software you MUST allow the download and install of a browser as well. I think it is Google Chrome (but it may be some other one).For that reason i chose NOT to renew and instead on that particular computer i am now using Microsoft Security Essentials as has been mentioned in an earlier post on this thread. truenorth

smithrick

Greenhorn

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 03:30:56 PM »
        I suggest you to download AVG free antivirus software. This one of the good antivirus. And the best think of this software is its free. But keep this antivirus always updated

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        « Reply #6 on: August 22, 2012, 06:47:19 PM »
        I have used this avira antivirus for long time, but now I can't update anymore, (not have license to continue) so what free antivius can I use now. I am not so happy for AVG/grisoft so if anyone can recommend another one.

I've taken the liberty of editing your sig.
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "