Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Mozilla Firefox Won't Load Flash?  (Read 4696 times)

HopefulBeginner

Topic Starter

• GLITTER AND SPARKLES AND COLOR.
    • Experience: Beginner
    Mozilla Firefox Won't Load Flash?
    « on: August 30, 2012, 02:53:45 PM »
    So after being hounded by Adobe Flash whenever I updated it, I finally updated Adobe Flash Player. Then, when I tried to go on YouTube as usual, Mozilla said "Additional plugins are required to display all the media on this page." And also, in a red bar, "You need to upgrade your Adobe Flash player to watch this video. Download it from Adobe." So naturally I was confused, as I had JUST UPDATED Flash, but I still went to the link. It was a download link for Adobe Flash Player 11, the one I had JUST UPGRADED TO, but I thought maybe something went wrong with the update, so I downloaded it again. Everything worked fine, until I went to click on the installer for the updated version of Adobe Flash. I double clicked on it and it seemed to be installing, and working fine, but when it went to retrieve the install it didn't load and came up with an error that said "Installation encountered errors. Actionlist not found." So then I went to other computer help forums and all of them said that uninstalling flash player and reinstalling it worked for them. So I uninstalled my current flash and attempted to reinstall. It did the same thing, with the same error..... But then I tried loading YouTube in Internet Explorer, and it worked JUST FINE. And I still don't even have Flash Player, just Shockwave. So I've been using IE for the past week, but I hate it and would rather be on my Mozilla Firefox 14. I just don't know how to fix the fact that flash doesn't recognize that it's there! ANY help at ALL would be nice because I just don't know what to do and I would rather not keep using IE.  ???
    Piero, non dirmi che è vero,
    quello che mi hai detto,è la verità....ma che cazzaro.
    Bella, l'Italia di Piero,
    quello che succede è un'assurdità... ma è tutto vero.

Computer_Commando

Hacker
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Mozilla Firefox Won't Load Flash?
    « Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 05:54:30 PM »
    Flash has 2 versions, one for IE, the other for all others.
    Select your version here:  http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer/

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    « Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 07:32:47 PM »
    As a side note you may want to run the Flash uninstaller before you install the latest ver.,,,

Available at the same link above.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

HopefulBeginner

Topic Starter

• GLITTER AND SPARKLES AND COLOR.
      « Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 12:06:48 PM »
      Thanks, it worked!! Thanks soo much!
      Piero, non dirmi che è vero,
      quello che mi hai detto,è la verità....ma che cazzaro.
      Bella, l'Italia di Piero,
      quello che succede è un'assurdità... ma è tutto vero.