Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: At least 5 emails!  (Read 10524 times)

donettao

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    At least 5 emails!
    « on: September 19, 2012, 10:15:10 PM »
    Hi I'm donettao. I have sent at least 5 emails to the owner of Conputerhope asking why I* was banned from chat. I have been patient but now I'm just asking how one word xxxx can get me banned for ever. I have many friends on chat and I really miss them. I have been waiting for some kind of answer for several weeks. The word I used was not smart on my part, but a permanent ban is pretty harsh. I'm a member here, but I've never posted. I just log on to learn and pass it forward. I have asked that all my PM's and reply's be reviewed and be given one more chance. I don't think that's asking for to much. I have waited a long time before posting here, but I feel like this is my only chance. My IP address is being blocked. I could use a proxy, but feel that that's not the way to solve this, and would be against the rules of chat. I would really appreciate a answer when you have time. If I'm reinstated on chat, I will just log on and respond to old friends with a Hi. I know they are wondering what happened. Is one more chance to much to ask for?
    Thank you for your time! Nathan!

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    Re: At least 5 emails!
    « Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 01:06:34 AM »
    Nathan has been extremely busy the last 4 Months or so...
    Be patient as he gets caught up on all his correspondence.

Thanx.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

donettao

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 09:27:24 AM »
      Nathan has been extremely busy the last 4 Months or so...
      Be patient as he gets caught up on all his correspondence.
      Thanx.

Thank you for your reply. I will try to be patient. I can see that someone has been busy as CH has gotten quite a face lift.I hope this doesn't take to long because I really miss the chat forum.

donettao

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 08:26:44 PM »
        Hi! Trying very hard to be patient. I'm pretty sure it's my IP address that's being blocked. I have contacted my ISP and asked them about my IP address. They say it's not static, so I'm wondering why one bad word would cause someone to block a whole block of IP address. There are other people that can't log on to chat here in my area, so that's why I'm thinking there is more than just my IP that's being blocked. No I know that there are more IP's in my area being blocked. This doesn't seem right to me. I'm sorry, but after reading all these threads, it seems to be a game someone is playing. I know there are rules that have to be followed on forums, but this seems to be a guessing game and people aren't even warned some times and some bans seem quite silly to me. I understand bans for spamming, but should one little four letter word get you banned for ever. I can wait 14 days. That's no problem. I will be honest. I have tried to change my IP, but it won't change. I could probably use a proxy, but I really want to get this settled without breaking any more rules. Please Help!
        My IP starts with 74.195.xxx.xxx if that will help?? I know that there are several being blocked.
        Thank you for caring!

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        « Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 08:57:08 PM »
        As i asked...be patient.
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

donettao

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 10:51:36 PM »

As i asked...be patient.
          Yes sir. I'm trying very hard to do that. I'm going to risk every thing tonight, because I think it's the right thing to do. This is not my first rodeo. I have been logging on to Computerhope Forum and CH chat for a long time now. Most of the time I just observe and learn. It is very apparent to me and others that every thing that Nathan has worked hard to build is slowing going down hill, and that is very sad. This is a great site to come to with any problems that you might have and get help from some of the best minds in the business. At first, I observed the help to be #1 in the business. Lately there are some who think being cute and making stupid comments to guests is the thing to do. These are not the members who spend their time for no pay to help others; these are members who come on these help forums all drugged up and high, who ban members for very little reason because they can and because  they think they are being cute. I could give a list of those dedicated to help and they out way the druggies ten to one, but I will not do that at this time. I will say this much, the one that has answered my thread is one of those dedicated to helping all those that come on these forums and ask for help. I have observed this in the time I have spent here. I just hope that I'm not the only one that sees that. It's time for a change my friend Nathan. While you are thinking about all these things that have came straight from this old man's heart, I will now be patient like patio has asked me to do and wait for your decision. Please hurry, I miss my friends.

donettao

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 11:16:34 PM »
            Thanks patio! I'm very sorry. I just couldn't hold all this in any longer. I appreciate and admire what you do and the way you handle yourself on both forums. It is a pleasure to know you. I hope I'm not the only one that sees these good things in you. I really didn't expect any one to even notice my thread, but you did, and I'm very grateful.
            Thank you for caring. These forums mean a lot to me. I think you know who I am, and that's OK with me.
            Now I will be patient. It will be hard, but I will do it. I once was told that you were female. That doesn't matter your gender. It matters that you have a big heart and the common sense to use your good judgement. I hope the person that needs to see this has their eyes open. I can only hope!
            I know some things that you probably also know. I have no intention of posting them on these forums. I will just say that there are some who need help. I wish I could help, but I can't. I have sent the proper emails to the one that needs to know. That's all I can do!