Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Compaq Presario CQ70 drivers question.  (Read 4949 times)

Frankie

Topic Starter

Apprentice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    Compaq Presario CQ70 drivers question.
    « on: August 30, 2012, 09:32:35 AM »
    I have a  Compaq Presario CQ70, and I think the harddrive has gone bad because the laptop no longer recognizes it in the bios. I was going to get a new hard drive, but I am told I need to install drivers for the laptop and I am a little unsure how to go about this. Can someone please tell me what drivers I will need and do i install these drivers after installing an OS or before it? Better still give me the link to the drivers I will need. Thankyou!!

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Compaq Presario CQ70 drivers question.
    « Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 03:13:04 PM »
    Visit the Compaq site...select your laptop Model # and appropiate OS...
    DLoad the drivers to a USB drive.
    Boot to the OS install CD and delete and re-create the C: partition...this will take awhile.
    Then continue with the OS setup...follow all prompts and re-boot.
    Then re-install all drivers...Chipset drivers go 1st !
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

hartbeatmr

Apprentice

• Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Compaq Presario CQ70 drivers question.
    « Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 03:44:39 PM »
    Good evening Frankie

Just like Patio stated you would need to get them from HP/Compaq here is the link just pick your model and afterwards the OS and correct bit version http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/ProductList.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=135&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=3768171

Don't forget besides needing the drivers you will also need your OS disk(s) if you have the original restore disk(s) that will make your life a little easier / quicker.

Well hope this helps, Mike

PS please let us know how you make out.
    Statement of the day.  The IT person asked. What kind of computer do you have and the customer replied a white one why?