Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need A Hand on phpbb forum  (Read 6069 times)

A10 Tactical

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Beginner
    Need A Hand on phpbb forum
    « on: September 06, 2012, 07:06:52 PM »
    Hello Everyone,

I just posted a phpbb forum and I for the life of me cannot find a certain setting that needs to be changed.  My forum by default request I the admin approve all topics posted. I do not want this to be a requirement.  I would like to allow the members to post whatever they want without me having to read over it before its put up.  Does anyone have an idea on where this setting might reside?

TechnoGeek

Re: Need A Hand on phpbb forum
    « Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 07:39:53 PM »
    I found this: https://www.phpbb.com/support/documentation/3.0/moderatorguide/moderator_queue.php
    I couldn't find the exact permission mentioned ("Moderator Queue") in the documentation quickly, so I just posted this link here. It looks like some of their documentation is incomplete on permissions.

In particular,
    If a forum or user’s permissions are set to moderator queue via the Administration Control Panel, all posts made in that forum or by this user will need to be approved by an administrator or moderator before they are displayed to other users.