Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Lost my buttons on the bottom  (Read 11392 times)

hartbeatmr

Apprentice

• Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Lost my buttons on the bottom
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2012, 05:33:37 PM »
If you can't get to it with the taskbar gone.

The quickest way is to push the keys on the keyboard "windows key" + R keys that will open the run

Mike
Statement of the day.  The IT person asked. What kind of computer do you have and the customer replied a white one why?

Veltas

Intermediate

• Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2012, 06:52:54 PM »
They said the taskbar had come back, so what's the problem?

Also, have a look at that screenshot; looks like they pressed F11.

It's not unknown for full screen applications to screw up and carry on being fullscreen anyway.

Not that they shouldn't do a malware check; one can always do a malware check, no harm in that.

hartbeatmr

Apprentice

• Yes
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2012, 07:01:12 PM »
Good evening Veltas

Yes they did say it came back but there has to be a reason of why it disappeared. That is why I asked them to run for malware / virus scans and also to do a file check because if it comes up clean there may be a corrupt windows file.

When windows 7 first came out there where may people that had this issue. With the taskbar disappearing completely and some times just the taskbar would be gone but the start button / globe would be there.

I am just tying to help the OP find out what the issue is and where it started from. Mike   
Statement of the day.  The IT person asked. What kind of computer do you have and the customer replied a white one why?