Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Event ID 10  (Read 5997 times)

zebra3

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    Event ID 10
    « on: September 14, 2012, 03:58:21 PM »
    I own an ASUS laptop computer running Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I was previously was receiving a warning in the Event Viewer regarding ACPI. I went to the ASUS website and downloaded the latest BIOS. The computer is running fine no problems.

But I keep getting this Event Id 10 error stating: ACPI BIOS attempting to write to an illegal PCI operation region (0X4) contatct vendor.

This error only appear's when I wake the computer from sleep mode. There will be multipile entries. When I first start the computer and when I am surfing the internet this error does not appear. Only appears when coming out of sleep mode.

When I flashed the BIOS the screen message said that it was successful.

Is this something I could just disregard or is there still a problem lurking in the background.

Thank's

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    Re: Event ID 10
    « Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 10:56:13 PM »
    A lot of errors can be found at the view event viewer. Most notable and should require immediate attention are the ones labeled critical. The warning is somehow not given much importance as it will not affect system performance. I think the sleep mode function also would degrade overtime eventually but as of now without any effect, I would just ignore those messages.

zebra3

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 11:03:34 PM »
      Thank You Jason. Have a nice evening.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
      « Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 11:48:11 PM »
      degrade overtime
      What I mean here is today it works flawlessly and as time pass by, the hardware and the system may not function or break the sleep mode feature or cause the system to exhibit freezing, blackscreen or damage other components. Nothing lasts forever. I rarely use sleep mode, maybe when transferring my laptop going from upstairs or downstairs just to save the booting time. But as much as possible, I always use the shutdown function for Windows when not in use. 1 minute or more of booting time is not that much of a wait in my case.