Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Pull down menu won't go away.  (Read 5180 times)

reallyneed_help

Pull down menu won't go away.
« on: July 13, 2004, 05:48:49 PM »
Can anyone help me? I get a pull down menu that is like a right mouse click appearing on my screen all the time. I hit a key and it goes away but, reappears in a few seconds. I have formatted and restored to no avail. Any ideas? Thanks. :)

Raptor

Re: Pull down menu won't go away.
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2004, 06:33:50 PM »
Are you sure that your left and mouse button have not been reversed whilst installing Windows?

Is your mouse malfunctioning? Did you try a different mouse to determine wheter the right mouse is stuck or broken?

reallyneed_help

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2004, 07:36:45 PM »
Thanks for the rely. No, it is not the mouse. I have tried without the mouse attached and every other thing I could think of. I wonder if the keyboard is bad. Since it is a laptop it would be hard to check. :)

merlin

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2004, 01:05:34 AM »
explorer corupt? what o/s is this and more info on laptop..ram etc

reallyneed_help

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2004, 07:38:12 PM »
It is an HP Omnibook 6000, P3 600, 512 ram and 40G HDD. I am running ME. Thanks for any help. :)

gb johnson

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2004, 01:07:13 AM »
do you have a winme boot floppy if so load the floppy and boot you laptop at the c:\windows command type scanreg\restore and chose the last good cab file follow on screen instuctions..so the command looks like this c:\windows scanreg/restore....also have you tried scandisk or system restore while in windows? and are you using ie6?