Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Missing operating system  (Read 25415 times)

02bin3

Re: Missing operating system
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2012, 01:26:23 PM »
I found the problem and you won't believe what it was.  I looked for info from Lenovo's online manual as to how to find the option for changing the boot sequence and that wasn't much help and as fate/luck would have it I noticed in the Google Search someone else had the same problem so I went to that link and read multiple suggestions until I came to one that really started ringing bells.  One person had attached a Passport USB device and after that the computer wouldn't boot up.  It was apparently trying to boot from the USB device.  In the same thread someone else suggested hitting ENTER when at the Startup tab in BIOS and sure enough the boot sequence popped up and there was my Lexar Flash Drive listed in the boot sequence.  I pressed Escape to get out of the BIOS, shut down, removed the Flash Drive and then crossed my fingers, hit the start button and I'm now looking at my desktop.  Thank you all, and especially Allan for sticking with this and pushing me in the right direction.  You all are just terrific!

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2012, 01:30:00 PM »
Glad you got it all sorted out.

Computer_Commando

Hacker
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2012, 01:50:32 PM »
You can still leave the USB drive connected & change the boot sequence while in the BIOS.  Enabling "Quick Boot" & "Rapid Boot" may bypass this option.

Betsystewart

• Experience: Familiar
    « Reply #18 on: June 01, 2015, 10:33:43 PM »
    i am having a problem with my computer ringing when i turn it on i have no usb devices plugged in to the computer and am using windows xp.  the boot offers come up, i hit f9 it rings for a bit more then the os starts up as normal.  This continues every time i turn on the computer except when i use the standby option for shutting down.  Any suggestions?