Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Vista Unidentified Network Problem  (Read 24204 times)

joeobrown

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
    Re: Vista Unidentified Network Problem
    « Reply #15 on: October 11, 2012, 04:31:34 PM »
    I reinstalled the Atheros driver and got nothing... Any other ideas? :/

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #16 on: October 11, 2012, 08:37:42 PM »
    Remove or uninstall the Toshiba WPS Library and download the Atheros driver here : http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/download_drivers_bios.jsp?service=UK download by a working computer and enter the correct model/series and OS and choose Atheros wireless LAN driver version - 7.7.0.288.0. Use a flash drive to save and copy to your Toshiba laptop.
    1. Uninstall the current wireless driver by device manager. Right- click choose uninstall.
    2. Go to the wireless driver folder or location and install the correct driver. Restart if required.
    3  Make sure your wifi radio button is turned on then try connecting to your home network SSID and enter correct password. If your router is set to WPA, WPA2, make sure your wifi adapter is compatible or has this feature/support.
    4. Run MinitoolBox again and post the result.
    5. Do you have an antivirus installed? Try disabling and also check the difference.

joeobrown

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2012, 02:11:53 PM »
      I think I'm gonna suck up and get a USB thing, it's not a lot of money to save all the hassle... Thanks people :)

joeobrown

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2012, 08:08:13 AM »
        DONE IT. :D :D :D
        I'm not sure what did it, the buying of a USB Wireless Adapter, or the setting of static IP and DNS thingies, but it's sorted now, thanks for all the helps :)