Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HP Printer issues  (Read 10589 times)

nocomputernohow

Topic Starter

Rookie

HP Printer issues
    « on: September 30, 2012, 08:20:35 AM »
    hOPE SOME ONE CAN HELP. I am running windows 98SE in my computer. I have an HP 932C deskjet printer to use. My problem is I can not install the printer via USB only with a parallel port. I have installed this printer on an ME and XP machine in the past via USB. What am I missing????

truenorth

Guru

Re: HP Printer issues
      « Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 08:48:55 AM »
      Windows 98 has known deficiencies in dealing with some USB devices which is likely why the printer works with other O/S and does not with 98. Sometimes this can be overcome with specific drivers for the device related to association with win98. Sometimes a specific protocol of sequence of activation of the usb device can also work. I would suggest you first do a search for drivers for the printer that are required for win 98 association. If i understand you you can connect the printer and it functions via a parallel port on the 98 computer. So why not just do that?truenorth

Computer_Commando

Hacker
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      Re: HP Printer issues
      « Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 11:29:51 AM »
      No 98 or ME drivers are available for that printer.  95 & 2000 drivers are available.  Try 2000 drivers.