Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: computer crashes whenever anything graphic is use  (Read 7534 times)

valpc

computer crashes whenever anything graphic is use
« on: July 14, 2004, 10:28:20 PM »
hello
I have a pent 3 533 mhz and a few months ago my computer was formatted Now whenever I play anything graphic in full screen it will crash giving me a blue screen then it will just rebot I have replaced the vid card and that did not work Some games I can play window but as soon as I full screen them it will crash.

could someone help me
val

MalikTous

Re: computer crashes whenever anything graphic is
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 08:13:59 PM »
Boot in Safe Mode, open your Display applet, and turn the hardware acceleration (Settings, Advanced) all the way down. Try this in normal desktop first. Then see if the problem persists.

Val

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2004, 11:09:23 AM »
I turned down my hardware acceleration, It does not crash anymore but I can only play windowed (will not allow full screen) is there any other sugguestion that might solve the problem. I would really love to play games in full screen.

THXS
Val

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2004, 12:53:19 PM »
Upgrade to the latest version of Direct X (9.0)

VALP

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2004, 12:55:42 PM »
I have Direct X 9 already
that was the frist thing I tried
ant other Idea's
Val

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2004, 02:23:04 PM »
Set back the hardware acceleration to see if the problem still occurs. If you have not yet done so.

If you have done so, uninstall, reset and then reinstall the latest videocard drivers.

valpc

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2004, 10:20:40 PM »
Hi there.  I have tried everything that has been suggested and it still crashes with anything that is run in full screen and requires the hardware acceleration.

For a brief second when crashing it flashes the dreaded blue screen of death.  It is so brief you almost don't notice it.  If anyone has any more ideas.   That would be great.

Val

Raptor

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2004, 03:23:54 AM »
Contact your videocard manufacturer's technical support. See what they have to say.