Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: overclocked failure  (Read 2687 times)

martinblah

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    overclocked failure
    « on: October 26, 2012, 04:34:07 AM »
    my computer started to buzzed and turned off by itself and when i restarted it again the monitor displays no signal so i removed the power cord and i switched it on again it the bios displays overclocked failure so i load up  the default configuration and it boots up but in the middle it froze again and the sreen buzzed with lines ..... so is it a hardware problem are there any other solution ? 

giardmi09

Beginner

• Yes
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: overclocked failure
    « Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 07:21:16 AM »
    What hardware do you have? Cpu Motherboard RAM? And what did you overclock to? Frequency? voltage? You need to be more specific. If its freezing up with default bios settings after a bad overclock chances are you fried it.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: overclocked failure
    « Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 09:35:18 AM »
    7 times out of 10 a buzzing noise is usually the PSU...
    Borrow a known good one of the same or greater wattage and swap it in there to test...
    You may also want to replace the CMOS battery...part # CR 2032 located on the MBoard as it sounds like it's not retaining the BIOS info...about 4 Bucks...available anywhere.
    Do it with all power dis-connected.
    It could be a symptom of the flakey PSU though...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "