Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Any software that will clone one external hard drive to another external hard  (Read 3992 times)

ojas25

Topic Starter

Apprentice

• My Computer World
    Does anyone know of software that will clone one external hard drive to another hard drive. I have tried by attaching both external hardrives  to a computer but Acronis will only find the destination drive and not the source drive. any ideas would be great Ojas
    Computers are my hobby and my income love working with computers

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    What kind of data is on the HDD ? ?
    Are you saying that Aceonis does not rcognise both externals ? ?
    If not you can hool up only the HDD you want cloned and have Acronis create and save the image to your internal for now...then power down...unhook that external...and hook up the blank external...power up and clone away.

NOTE: I highly suggest verifying the image before cloning...takes a bit longer buy well worth it.
    It's under the Tools section in Acronis.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

ojas25

Topic Starter

Apprentice

• My Computer World
      What kind of data is on the HDD ? ?
      Are you saying that Aceonis does not rcognise both externals ? ?
      If not you can hool up only the HDD you want cloned and have Acronis create and save the image to your internal for now...then power down...unhook that external...and hook up the blank external...power up and clone away.

NOTE: I highly suggest verifying the image before cloning...takes a bit longer buy well worth it.
      It's under the Tools section in Acronis.
      Thanks for the info will give it a try.Ojas
      Computers are my hobby and my income love working with computers