Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Xp on compact falsh card  (Read 3144 times)

brunoAEC6820

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Xp on compact falsh card
    « on: December 01, 2012, 03:46:45 AM »
    hello,
    I have a small computer (AEC 6820 ) with extention for compact flash card . For my navigation computer on my sail I would prefer run Xp and navigation program on flash card instead of HDD ( consumption and shock consideration ) I don't succes to  install Xp on a compact flash card .( the HDD is always seen as Primary master and compact flash card as secondary master ; is there a way to modify that ? ) is it the cause of my problem ?
    escuse my poor language :I am french !
    thank you for your help
    bruno

truenorth

Guru

Re: Xp on compact falsh card
      « Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 08:26:47 AM »
      Welcome to the CH forums. There are many aspects to trying to achieve your objective.Google has many articles on the subject. Even you=tube videos.However given your limitations re the English language i have found one that i believe is able to be followed by someone whose mother tongue is not English. As i see it your wish is not to be able to transfer and install XP to your "navigation computer" but to actually run the O/S from the flash drive on that computer.Please read the following article and pay particular attention to the limitations and cautions that are mentioned (particularly the last paragraph).Hope this helps.
      http://www.techrepublic.com/article/solutionbase-boot-windows-xp-from-a-usb-flash-drive/5928902
      truenorth