Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: XP reinstall will not read Start up disc  (Read 3226 times)

helero

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    XP reinstall will not read Start up disc
    « on: December 02, 2012, 04:53:00 AM »
    My  Gateway 7330GZ crashed and I tried to reinstall windows XP using just the computer. It seemed to be working and got to the point that it needed re-start to set up windows. Got hung up on "installing Drivers"  I called Gateway but computer too old for reinstall disc to I was sent (by Gateway) to another company to burn a disc. When reinstalling it allows me to pick "CD" for installation but never asks for a product key or follows the instruction sheet that was sent. It also gets to restart computer and gets hung up in the same place.??? Thanks

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: XP reinstall will not read Start up disc
    « Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 02:33:20 AM »
    What is other companies CD called? The best disc would be an OEM XP disc to perform a repair installation with. I dont know of any free disc's available that can do this so I am curious as to this companies disc image. If you can provide URL/web link in addition to name of this tool, I can make a copy of it at my end and see what you are working with and then be able to assist you further.