Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Java installed but doesnot show...  (Read 3274 times)

Peterwolfe

Topic Starter

Hopeful
    Java installed but doesnot show...
    « on: December 16, 2012, 01:58:04 AM »
    Tried to reach my bank which is using java applet. But the applet doesnt show....checked bank ID, no java?????!!!! Checked C:\ and yes java there....uninstalled and re-installed, yes I have java and no cant get into my bankaccount...have this jre1.7.0_09

DELL 3Ghz, 1Gb RAM (yes i know :-(), IE8 and Chrome....MS Essentilas and Superantispyware, machine clean...

what now? ??? ::)

truenorth

Guru

Re: Java installed but doesnot show...
      « Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 09:14:03 AM »
      Contact your bank (by telephone) and tell them the problem you are having and they should be able to help you.truenorth

Peterwolfe

Topic Starter

Hopeful
        « Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 10:53:56 PM »
        and you state being "guru"???? dont come with the first obvious, please, give some credit to my intelligence...the problem is on my PC, thats why I ask the experts here because, nobody else good give a helping hand, thats why you guys call yourself "HOPE"... ::)

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 07:28:22 AM »
          Sorry i could not read your mind and/or help you.goodluck,truenorth

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          • Experience: Beginner
          « Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 08:16:22 AM »
          and you state being "guru"???? dont come with the first obvious, please, give some credit to my intelligence...the problem is on my PC, thats why I ask the experts here because, nobody else good give a helping hand, thats why you guys call yourself "HOPE"... ::)

It's always disconcerting to me when people looking for help all of a sudden decide to adopt a condescending and negative tone towards people that are trying to help...

All of us here are Volunteers and give up our time and expertise for nothing although the sentiments of gratitude we get sparingly as they are make it all worthwhile.

For your information truenorth's suggestion was not only valid and a good idea it was also what i would have suggested to check first had it been me...
          Reason being on secure websites if they make a change to their webpage they arent going to publicly post that info ....nor are they going to contact you buy e-mail as Banking Instutions will NEVER contact a customer via e-mail...they simply don't do things that way for security reasons.
          So bottom line here is if you find the assistance here lacking or inferior to your standards there's a whole web out there to explore...feel free to do so...

BTW  After a quick check i see you had the same issue 2 Years ago...and pretty much somewhat the same attitude...
          Here...

Best of Luck finding a solution.
          patio.

" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
          • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
            • Yes
            • Yes
            • BC-Programming.com
          • Certifications: List
          • Computer: Specs
          • Experience: Beginner
          « Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 10:11:01 AM »
          Installing Java does not usually install the Java Plugin for all browsers.

It also doesn't install to the root directory of C:.

And now we watch as it is revealed that they actually need javascript...
          I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 04:39:14 PM »
            patio, Very well put. I too could have  mentioned your rational (from personal experience with this very phenomenon) which was resolved through the very suggestion i made. However as you point out the attitude of the O/P inclined me to just be rid of him.truenorth