Microsoft > Windows 8

Windows store refusing to installing apps (because windows firewall is off)

(1/2) > >>

SignedAdam:
Error message in Windows Store :
The app could not be installed, because the windows firewall service is not running, please enable the windows firewall service and try again,

I'm an advanced user, so i wish to use my own firewall, so i don't want to enable the windows firewall! is there anything we advanced users can do, to get around this, maybe a regedit value change or something, to make windows store, think the windows firewall service is on, when its not, so we all can use are own firewalls

[year+ old attachment deleted by admin]

BC_Programmer:
The windows 8 Firewall service emcompasses more than just Windows Firewall; It's basically required for Windows 8 to work properly.

If you don't want the Firewall functionality of the service, the proper way to disable it is to go into the Firewall Control Panel Applet, and set domain, public, and private profiles all to "off".

SignedAdam:
Then the service is still running and coursing my computer to slow down, the cpu level is 100% when the service is on

BC_Programmer:

--- Quote from: SignedAdam on December 23, 2012, 01:39:28 PM ---Then the service is still running and coursing my computer to slow down, the cpu level is 100% when the service is on

--- End quote ---
If you are using another Firewall program, it might not be compatible with Windows 8.

Allan:

--- Quote from: SignedAdam on December 23, 2012, 01:39:28 PM ---Then the service is still running and coursing my computer to slow down, the cpu level is 100% when the service is on

--- End quote ---
Also, which process is using the cpu when it's spiking?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version