Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cannot add files to multi-session Blu Ray BD-R 25GB single layer discs  (Read 6975 times)

sah78blue

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    I have a Sony Vaio F series VPCF23C5E laptop. Genuine Windows 7 Premium 64-bit SP1, i7 2670qm, 2.2GHz, 8GB RAM, Pioneer BD-RW BDR-TD03 drive. I have searched these forums but seems to be nothing on this particular query:

My Blu-Ray writer is now not letting me add additional files to my Blu Ray Panasonic 25GB BD-R discs which I had already burned some files to a few months previously as multi-session (appendable) discs. I successfully started adding a few files to a number of BD-R discs and appended more files later, all was ok.

However then perhaps the important factor- my laptop then had a problem with the hard drive and Sony replaced it and did a clean install. Now I find I cannot add files or folders to the discs on this same machine using either the Windows 7 drag and drop method or Roxio or ImgBurn. Windows 7 simply puts them into the 'Files ready to be written to the disc' header but when I press 'burn to disc' it starts whirring then ejects the disc showing error message "Problem burning the disc" (Windows 7) or "There was a problem writing to your disc" in Roxio, asking for a new blank disc, and with the advanced error info:
     'Sense: 00  ASC: 00  ASCQ: 00 (Command 00)
    Px.dll: 4.24.23.2
    PxAFS.DLL: 4.24.23.2
    pxdrv.dll: 1.2.75.0
    PxMas.dll: 4.24.23.2
    PxSFS.DLL: 4.24.23.2
    PxWave.dll: 4.24.23.2
    pxwma.dll: 1.0.0.3

This happens for all of the discs, so it's not a disc defect, and all discs have plenty of free space. The burner successfully burns new fresh discs and now appendable discs with multisession fine since the new install so nothing wrong with the burner drive.

So the problem seems to be one of adding to appendable multi-session discs created on different OS system installations. The question seems to be : Do I have a way around this to allow me to continue adding files to my discs or do I simply have to start again with new discs on the new system install, which will be a bit costly.. Is there something like a registry tweak anyone knows about etc?

All help kindly appreciated, thank you, Alex