Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows Vista Registry  (Read 2954 times)

INeedHelpWithRegistry

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Windows Vista Registry
    « on: December 24, 2012, 09:42:06 PM »
    Can anyone help me plz? Every time I turn on my computer, this window pops up and it says something about the registry and that this should be removed from the registry: C:\Users\ACAMP\LOCALS~1\Temp\msovyto.bat

Could anyone explain to me what this is, and how to get rid of it without screwing up my computer? I'm SOO sick of this thing popping up EVERY TIME i get on the computer. It's truly annoying. Also, can someone explain to me what "special permissions" is? On my computer, I'M the administrator, and I gave myself full control of the registry, yet it doesn't allow me to write or delete anything in it. Why is this, and how do I change it?! HELP!!!!!  ???

TechnoGeek

Re: Windows Vista Registry
    « Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 10:09:57 PM »
    Download and run Sysinternals Autoruns and look for that file in the list...

If it says file not found (likely) then right-click the entry and select delete.

Temporary files that can be executed (such as those ending in .bat) are sometimes indicators of an infection. Run scans with your virus scanner, and if anything is found go to to the virus forum on this site and make a post there.

EDIT: fixed link

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Windows Vista Registry
    « Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 10:13:09 PM »
    http://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20121224210705AAjWlG7

I see you have 2 forums working on this for you ... never seen the batch file that is likely malicious before and your other forum post as linked above was only google hit. Can you open the batch file by selecting edit and copy/paste its contents here so everyone can see its script intent in plain text to see what it wants to do? ((Please do not attach this as a downloadable object and only copy/paste the batch files plain text instructions of the msovyto.bat file ))

This post may be moved to malware if the batch is found to be bad. Which i have a feeling it may be.