Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Bios system on Vista  (Read 6206 times)

allan1957

Topic Starter

Beginner

Re: Toshiba lap top not starting
    « Reply #15 on: December 28, 2012, 08:18:24 AM »
    I have the a toshiba L300 laptop, it all started when it would stop on a black screen with the curser on only, a friend told me to load another operating system onto the Vista, when I try to load the Xp disc on start up, it would not load, I went through the bios to load the cd first, it would not load, then all of a sudden, the laptop started up on its original vista programme and it let me do around 120 Microsoft updates, it was ok last night, then switched it on this morning to find I can only get the blue screen with an error message, my problem now is I cannot get by this stage, every time I switch it back on, I only have this blue screen, I have taken a photo of this error message but your site das it is to large to send to this reply, look forward to your thoughts on the above, Allan

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Bios system on Vista
    « Reply #16 on: December 28, 2012, 08:25:40 AM »
    All issues i suspect you are having have to do with switching the OS back and forth a few times...
    Each time an OS is installed / re-installed the proper drivers ...especially for laptops need to be re-installed as well.
    With laptops the manuf. site is the ONLY place you should go for them if you do not have the original Driver CD ....
    MBoard Chipset drivers go 1st...then re-boot ...then install all others.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

allan1957

Topic Starter

Beginner

Re: Bios system on Vista
      « Reply #17 on: December 28, 2012, 08:30:10 AM »
      I am still on the old Vista, the laptop would not let me download the XP