Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: problem in network  (Read 3797 times)

k_mohsen

Topic Starter

Intermediate

problem in network
    « on: December 30, 2012, 08:57:12 AM »
    Hello

Recently I have problem on using network/internet. Before that happening, I could surf web and download files from internet, I could update my antivirus (nod32), I could share files over my network. But recently, when I surf the web for learning Drupal and also testing it over local server (XAMMP), suddenly my network/internet is gone.
    Now I cannot surf the web, download files, update antivirus and sharing files or folders. The green LED in front of network port is on but yellow one is off. Network notification in notification area shows
    • that indicate network cable is unplugged. I test the cable and DSL modem, but all of them work properly. I test my network device via Ubuntu Live CD and it work properly too. So, the problem is my windows XP Pro.

1. I restart my windows
    2. I use "sfc \scannow"
    3. I look at Process, Ports, Autoruns and Services via a-squared HiJackFree 3.1 and there are no unwanted applications or services.

But the problem stile remains.

Note:
    Nod32 antivirus>Setup>Web Access protection, shows "Non-functional".

thanks

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: problem in network
    « Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 12:37:46 PM »
    In Network Properties under Control Panel have you verified that the Network Adapter is ENABLED. If the adapter is disabled you will get this kind of problem.

If its enabled, type cmd at Start Run and enter IPCONFIG/ALL and verify that the IP address is correct as well as Gateway etc. From here you can also ping to test such as ping www.google.com or ping 173.194.43.16 which is one of many of google's points of presence on the web.

If you find that your network adapter is enabled, set to dynamic or correct static IP configuration, the only other thing I could think of is checking in device manager to make sure that the network adapter is ok and not showing any issues. Lastly, I'd kill the xammp service just in case that's conflicting somehow. I've never seen xammp cause a problem like this, however if you were using xammp as a web server with port forwarding etc for people to check out your webpage etc you could have been hacked since xammp is best for learning and testing locally and not for live web server use due to many security issues with it, mainly the default passwords or no passwords etc making it allow all access both locally and remote.

k_mohsen

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 11:10:40 AM »
      thanks DaveLembke for your help

I do as you say but yet there is the problem.
      also, I notice that i can not install or uninstall network adapter driver. when I want to install/uninstall the driver, the system slow down and "not responding" notification is appear.

DaveLembke

Sage
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 09:20:50 PM »
      I'd perform a repair installation and see if that helps. Something sounds to be corrupt, and this should fix it. You will need to boot off Windows XP OEM disc and perform Repair Installation or use the media that came with the computer if you have a System Restore CD or DVD, they have an option to Repair install and this way your data remains and the issues with the OS are fixed.