Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Bootmgr is missing  (Read 11370 times)

steven32collins

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    • Experience: Beginner
    Bootmgr is missing
    « on: January 02, 2013, 07:00:54 PM »
    Hello right i was sorting out one of the partitions on my laptop (has 2 SSD's both with 2 partitions) there is the 256GB with the windows 8 installation and my documents on one partition and the other is the repair partition. I think its the old windows 7 installation though so yea)
    The other ssd has a 20GB partition and a 108GB partition, the 20gb partition had the windows 8 consumer development on it (which was the partition i was trying to remove) and this is wher the problem came up.

I was unable to delete the partition or format it but all i could do was switch the active partition to the other partition (which i believe is the reason why im getting the BOOTMGR is missing error)

How can i solve this problem (i do not have a repair dvd as it was a digital download and i have a backup of the old windows 7 installation so i was a little bit of an idiot by not doing a new backup :/

Any suggestions? :D
    Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.
    --Albert Einstein--

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Bootmgr is missing
    « Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 09:40:29 PM »
    http://www.partitionwizard.com/partition-wizard-bootable-cd.html

You will need to fix to make the original partition the active partition. To do this you will need to boot the system up and use a tool to make these changes. This free tool linked above might be able to assist you in accomplishing this. (* I have not used this tool before, so use with caution )