Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Quick Nooby Adivce.  (Read 5921 times)

003snow

Quick Nooby Adivce.
« on: January 10, 2013, 08:13:15 PM »
So basically my graphics card crashed on me. And my computer is pretty outdated now. so i decided to upgrade at tiny bit. I was wondering if i can get some help.

I run Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Intel core 2 quad CPU q8200 2.33 GHz 2.34 GHz
Have 8GB of RAM
I did a dual monitor set up. 1 Non-PnP and another PnP ( don't know if that matters :/ )
And my power supply is the cooler master 550 but i cant figure out which one. Don't feel like busting out my case. Figured i could ask some questions before i even bother.

I was hoping to purchase the R6850 Cyclone 1GD5 Power Edition/OC And wanted to know is it would go well with my set up.

If you need any other information don't hesitate to ask. As u might of guessed im really nooby lol. So dont hate :P

lectrocrew

Mentor

• ole dog learning new tricks
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • My first self-built computer
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: Quick Nooby Adivce.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 08:01:49 PM »
I'm not as experienced with helping as many of the guru's that provide help here but I'll be glad to help if I can until a more experienced member can reply.
 #1 - What motherboard make/model is in this machine that you are requesting help with?
If you are not sure about the motherboard information then you can download Everest Home Edition , Click on the motherboard tab, and then post that information to this thread and we will proceed from there.
 Also, welcome to Computer Hope forum.  :)
Mike

truenorth

Guru

Re: Quick Nooby Adivce.
    « Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 03:58:33 PM »
    lectrocrew is giving you some good guidance .However just looking at your provided spec i don't think you and i have the same criteria of what constitutes  "And my computer is pretty outdated now". If you have access to the requirements for the intended card that should enlighten you as to whether it is a fit for that computer.truenorth