Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't open programs  (Read 2744 times)

NEEDHELP!!

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Can't open programs
    « on: January 16, 2013, 03:50:07 PM »
    So about 5 months ago I downloaded  EVE online, my computer being ab piece of ancient hardware could not open the game due to the graphics card. So I figured because I'm not a hardcore gamer i don't need the game and uninstalled. this is where my troubles begin.  :-\ Every time i try to open a program it comes up with the message "To open this file, windows needs to know what program created it. Windows can go online to look it up automatically, or you can select from a list of programs on you computer".

So I can get internet and i managed to restore games i downloaded in steam, which is all good so i thought try iTunes I'll just open iTunes with iTunes. Well that was a mistake not only does it not work but all programs except for the ones i fixed attempt to open with iTunes. Whats more the situation is made worse by the fact that i cant access control panel or open the programs list. PLEASE HELP ME IF YOU CAN!!!

Essie

Starter

• Experience: Expert
      Re: Can't open programs
      « Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 02:16:51 AM »
      HI.  Are you running Win XP or Win 7?

The first option I would suggest is to check if you are lucky enough to have had Win Autocreate restore points prior to any of the installs/uninstalls and restore to one of them.