Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer startup Inconvenience  (Read 2513 times)

JonBoy

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Computer startup Inconvenience
    « on: January 30, 2013, 05:34:09 PM »
    Hello, so I have a laptop about a month old. An hp envy m6-1105dx running windows 8 and when I turn on the computer, it stops at the hp logo until I push a button(any random button). Then it goes to the logon screen. It doesn't matter how many times I restart, it still dos it. I even tried restoring the computer to factory settings, and It didn't solve my problem. Why am I having to push this button all of a sudden? It wasn't doing this before until a few days ago. Please help.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Computer startup Inconvenience
    « Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 08:08:48 PM »
    What's the problem.?  After all. it is windows 8.

Seriously, you need to take it back to where you bought it.
    They gave you a warranty, use it now.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Computer startup Inconvenience
    « Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 09:09:27 PM »
    I'd go into bios and unhide the post info to see what the message is. Computers dont normally just pause for any key to be pressed. Maybe your not seeing the whole picture of the problem and selecting to show details will shine some light on the situation.

I do agree with Geek-9pm on if it has a warranty to bring it back, but going into bios will not void warranty and you might know why its having this issue if the post info is shown vs hidden behind the logo splash screen.