Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Microsoft Works Word  (Read 3470 times)

Troy G

Microsoft Works Word
« on: October 06, 2005, 06:42:42 PM »
Well, I was on page 4 of my project, and an error message came up and well, the rest is history  :'(  I didn't save it, but i was wondering if their was anyway to get back what I was typing?? =\ thanks

Windows98

Apprentice

• Proud user of Windows 98 and Windows 98 SE
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Microsoft Works Word
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 06:45:12 PM »
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP051891691033.aspx

You might need to open the recovery file yourself   When the AutoRecover feature is turned on, Word typically opens recovery files when you restart Word after a power failure or similar problem. If for some reason Word did not open the recovery file, you can open it. By default, the recovery file is located in the Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Word folder. If you changed the location for recovery files, check the new location on the File Locations tab (Tools menu, Options command).

Word might not have created the recovery file yet   By default, the recovery file is created 10 minutes after you open the document. If Word or your computer stops responding before the recovery file is created, you cannot automatically recover your changes. To have AutoRecover save your changes more frequently, you can change the interval at which the recovery file is saved.

You might have closed the recovery file without saving it   When you close a recovery file without saving it, the recovery file is deleted. There is no way to recover unsaved changes after the recovery file has been closed.

You might have deleted the recovery file   Recovery files have an .asd extension. If you delete the recovery file, you cannot automatically recover your changes.

The document might be a master document   Word can create recovery files for individual subdocuments, but it cannot create a recovery file for a master document.

Were you using the Visual Basic Editor to change a macro?   AutoRecover creates a recovery file only for a document that has been modified during the current session. If your only changes are in the Microsoft Visual Basic Editor while you have a document open in Word, Word cannot recognize that the document has been modified. To have Word create a recovery file that includes changes to macros edited in Visual Basic Editor, make a change in the Word document itself (for example, add and delete a paragraph return).

« Last Edit: October 06, 2005, 06:52:10 PM by Windows98 »