Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Archos G9 Tablet help  (Read 5032 times)

richardf77

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Archos G9 Tablet help
    « on: February 07, 2013, 06:04:53 AM »
    I have an Archos G9 8 inch tablet which in the main i am very happy with. However recently the micro USB mains recharging lead stopped working and now refuses to charge the tablet. I can charge the tablet through a PC USB lead but it is very slow this way. I am now looking for a replacement lead. Unfortunately Archos dont seem to supply replacement leads, so have been forced to look at non Archos micro USB recharging leads. This is where i have got lost and need some help.

It appears that there is not much difference between the leads available, seems to me as if one Micro USB mains lead is like another but if that was the case why then would there be so many different makes, and why, (according to reveiws on Amazon) do some only work on certain devices, but not others? I found one lead in Argos that described itself as 'generic' but looking deeper it was clearly made for Kindles. I am confused. can anyone help please?

This is the tablet:
    http://www.archos.com/products/gen9/archos_80_g9/index.html?country=gb&lang=en