Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: multiple computer issues. Blue screen memory dump, Graphic issues and more  (Read 6759 times)

josh.p

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Hello all,

Im currently experiencing multiple computer issues, some more serious than other but could be possibly linked?
    I built my computer just under a year ago and began with the problem of the computer not retaining the graphic card driver. as in i have to re-install it every time i restart the computer.
    the next issue came in the form of a blue screen which mentions a memory dump. This has got progressively worse (blue screen) and my computer is now running really slow to add to the problems.
    So basically needs major help.
    i first thought it could be RAM power issues as ive heard the blue screen is linked sometimes with that and the slow computer would also indicate this but after checking, it is recieveing the corect amount of power.
    My computer stats are as followed:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
    system Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    System Model: Z68AP-D3
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
    ocessor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
    Memory: 12288MB RAM (Kingston ddr3 1600)
    Available OS Memory: 12206MB RAM

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    Display Memory: 4050 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 978 MB
    Shared Memory: 3072 MB

PCU: antec true power 650w

Can anyone help. Its really starting to effect my Uni work and just need to get this fixed.
    Cheers all.
    Josh

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: multiple computer issues. Blue screen memory dump, Graphic issues and more
    « Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 06:48:21 PM »
    I'd start by making a bootable thumb drive or (cd or dvd ) with memtest86 on it and run the systems memory through its paces. A bad memory stick or memory that has issues when paired up with another but operate fine alone can be the cause of these issues. Run memtest86 for at least 3 passes, this might take a while but should point out memory issues if those are causing this.

Also look in event log of windows os under management and look for repeat errors and write them down and share here.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 07:34:00 PM »
    You may not have the correct vid driver also...no logical reason it wouldn't be retained...and i can't think of ever hearing that symptom...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

floydo97

Greenhorn

• Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 06:12:37 AM »
      aaahhh the blue screen of death,yes i had that happen to me for quite sometime,and went for a full system restore-very dodgy,but in the end i had a fully operational,healthy computer,i mean it does cut to blue screen like once a month now,but not as often as it did before.just a handy suggestion,always shut it down properly,never put it to sleep or hibernate it,as this puts enourmous strain on the endurence of the hard drives storing all that data for so long,this makes the computer laggy and sluggish over a long period of time

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 06:43:38 AM »
      Feel free to ignore the above post

Salmon Trout

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 08:09:07 AM »
      never put it to sleep or hibernate it,as this puts enourmous strain on the endurence of the hard drives storing all that data for so long

This is complete nonsense.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #6 on: February 14, 2013, 09:36:10 AM »
      Hall of Shame Monthly finalist...

floydo97

Greenhorn

• Experience: Familiar
        « Reply #7 on: February 14, 2013, 01:30:02 PM »
        alright,lets face it then, im an idiot:(

Salmon Trout

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2013, 01:37:14 PM »
        alright,lets face it then, im an idiot:(

Unfortunately you keep making unnecessary and pointless posts, the latest one included.

josh.p

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2013, 06:35:56 PM »
          I'd start by making a bootable thumb drive or (cd or dvd ) with memtest86 on it and run the systems memory through its paces. A bad memory stick or memory that has issues when paired up with another but operate fine alone can be the cause of these issues. Run memtest86 for at least 3 passes, this might take a while but should point out memory issues if those are causing this.

Also look in event log of windows os under management and look for repeat errors and write them down and share here.

i apologize for my ignorance but how would i go about doing the first bit? and would my file be safe?

And repeat errors are:

1.Source: Service Control Manager   Info:The lxdnCATSCustConnectService service failed to start due to the following error:
          The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

2. Source: Service Control Manager    Info:A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the lxdnCATSCustConnectService service to connect.

3.Source: Service Control Manager    Info:The atksgt service failed to start due to the following error:
          This driver has been blocked from loading

4.Source: Application Popup   Info:Driver atksgt.sys has been blocked from loading.

5. Source: Winnit   Info:Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application. The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications.

6. Source: Kernel-Powe   Info:{Registry Hive Recovered} Registry hive (file): '\??\C:\Windows\System32\config\COMPONENTS' was corrupted and it has been recovered. Some data might have been lost.

7.Source: Schannel    Info: The following fatal alert was received: 40.

8. Source: Kernel-Power Info: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

These are the main ones so far.
          cheers

josh.p

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2013, 08:12:30 PM »
            figured out memtest86. been runing it for 6 hours so far, got 3 passes but so far 2022912 errors. guesing this meens my ram is scrued?

patio

• Genius
            • Maud' Dib
              • Yes
            « Reply #11 on: February 19, 2013, 08:16:49 PM »
            yepper...
            BTW MemTest will run til you end it...
            Now test each stik one at a time to find the culprit...
            Hour each one should tell you.