Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: cannot install printer driver  (Read 5862 times)

31peter61

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    cannot install printer driver
    « on: February 16, 2013, 11:44:56 PM »
    for whatever reason my HP Deskjet 2179 printer could no longer be detected on my vista 32bit PC, i have had it for some time and have lost the disc that came with it so downloaded a new driver and software from HP site. The software seemed to download but when the popup came up saying windows needed to find a driver it came up that it was not digitally signed etc. I tried to find a remedy but was unsuccessful so thought i would just buy another printer with a disc so it would have a "signed" driver with it. It is a HP Deskjet 2510, i inserted the disc and all looked ok until once again it came time to look for driver. I then tried both printers on a 2nd PC we have in the house and both installed no worries.  The Question is that maybe i have lost a programme i need on my Vista. Has anyone got any clue what the problem could be... I prey to hear back from someone... Thanks

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: cannot install printer driver
    « Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 12:58:29 AM »
    Yeah, that happens. Just did that to me. but not the same HP printer and on XP instead of Vista. There is a place on the HP site where you can get some help, but you have to find the error log for the install. The error log will tell just what went wrong.

You have to uninstall all the stuff. Sometimes the uninstall does not work right. (BTW, iit is not only Hp that has this problem.)
    Start here:
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=uk&dlc=en&docname=c02259020&lc=en