Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I lost my iPhone 4 in Vietnam...  (Read 8759 times)

luckynumber37

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    I lost my iPhone 4 in Vietnam...
    « on: August 19, 2012, 11:04:49 AM »
    ...so have bought a second-hand one here. How do i wipe it and sync it to my itunes on my laptop back home in the UK?

Thanks

truenorth

Guru

Re: I lost my iPhone 4 in Vietnam...
      « Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 11:14:13 AM »
      Here is a link to another forum that offers this solution for the delete.
             matt.choules     

Member with 372 posts.       Join Date: Sep 2003
      Experience: Intermediate

14-Jan-2012, 06:55 AM #3
      I found I could delete my music from iPhone, but only by doing this:
       Settings > General > Usage > Music
       Then swipe Delete.

I found this finally deleted all my music from my iPhone, then I started again by syncing my music from iTunes.

Hope this helps,truenorth

luckynumber37

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 11:29:37 PM »
        Thanks truenorth, i'm happy to restore factory settings but i don't have my laptop here to sync everything from so will just be left with a blank iphone.

Can i restore factory settings and then sync from abroad/remotely?

Thanks again.

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 11:27:52 AM »
          Ok to put my suggestion and attempts at assistance in proper perspective.I do not now nor have i ever owned the device that we are discussing. The closest i have ever come to it is the 1st generation I-pod shuffle. Which can be synced to a computer and uses the I-tunes library. Now you obviously have access to a computer where you are and do not have hands on access to the one in the U.K. So why not sync the device to the computer where you are and when and if the U.K. computer joins you or you it then you can copy the I-tunes library to a portable medium such as a flash drive or a cd disc and transfer it to your laptop and incorporate the songs to your I-tunes library on the laptop once you have synced the I-phone to the U.K. laptop?If on the other hand the 2 of you shall never be co-located why would you even want to do this?If as is common you shall be adding and deleting from you I-phone and for whatever reason you do not want to lose any of the songs even the ones you intend to delete from the I-tunes library either save them in another folder or on a remveable device.Does that cover your desires or have i missed something? truenorth 

spollen27

Rookie
          • Computer: Specs
          • Experience: Familiar
          « Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 07:02:58 AM »
          Thanks truenorth, i'm happy to restore factory settings but i don't have my laptop here to sync everything from so will just be left with a blank iphone.

Can i restore factory settings and then sync from abroad/remotely?

Thanks again.
          Hi luckynumber37,

is it your second-hand iPhone you are restoring, or the one you lost in Vietnam?

thanks,
          spollen27

Allan

• Mastermind
          • Experience: Guru
          « Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 07:09:04 AM »
          The last post in this thread was last August. Please stop responding to old and dead threads. Thank you.