Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: all icons turns into a LNK file that cant be open  (Read 2867 times)

anthony m. untalan

Topic Starter

Rookie
  • Experience: Beginner
all icons turns into a LNK file that cant be open
« on: February 27, 2013, 05:08:28 AM »
PLease help, I have a toshiba L350 laptop, windows 7,  My problem is  almost all of the icons in the desktop turns into LNK file that can only be open thru adobe reader but whenever you click it, it wont open. the icons looks like a shield with the adobe reader logo in the middle of the shield. cant even open the snipping tools to get the screenshots. i can open the browser thru the application, have to look to its folder to look for the application , like chrome, i have to run it first to open a chrome browser. almost all of the icons in the desktop and programs turns into this icons.
please help me...tnx

TechnoGeek

Re: all icons turns into a LNK file that cant be open
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 06:45:11 AM »
Try this: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/19449-default-file-type-associations-restore.html

Read the instructions and then download the 'lnk' file association and restore it.

anthony m. untalan

Topic Starter

Rookie
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: all icons turns into a LNK file that cant be open
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 04:34:00 PM »
Youre a gift from heaven TechnoGeek! Now all my icons are back to normal. Thank you very much! More power to all of you here in Computerhope !!!