Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wireless adapter keeps turning off/losing connection  (Read 5098 times)

chillingmedicinebear

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Wireless adapter keeps turning off/losing connection
    « on: February 28, 2013, 11:30:29 AM »
    Computer: ASUS N53SV series laptop
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM
    CPU @ 2.00 GHz 2.00 GHz
    RAM: 4.00 GB
    System type: 64-bit operating system

Network Adapters (from device manager):
    1. Atheros AR900WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter
    2. Bluetooth Device(Personal Area Network)
    3. Bluetooth Device(RFOMM Protocol TDI)
    4. Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter
    5.Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller #2

Problem: I am using my wireless and this probably has occurred for a long time, but I am fed up with it now. My wireless randomly loses connection to all available wirelesses(sows the wireless on lower left with a yellow symbol next to it) or it randomly turns off (shows the wireless sign on the lower left with a red x).

There is a 1/2 1/2 chance for either of these to happen so it doesn't really favor one over the other. Also the time period seems pretty strange as well sometimes it doesn't see to have a pattern: sometimes it doesn't happen for a week then it may happen 10 times a day.

I am able to fix this by two methods. The first works most of the time which is where i simply right click my wireless icon and trouble shoot it, where it then reboots and it works. This happens works like 70% of the time, the other 30% i just have to shut my laptop to sleep and then when I turn my laptop back on and everything loads up my wireless is fine.

How do I fix this?

edit: when my wireless icon goes from having wireless to it have the yellow * I think it is like a 100% chance the trouble shooting will fix it
    « Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 12:04:10 PM by chillingmedicinebear »

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Wireless adapter keeps turning off/losing connection
    « Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 12:45:11 PM »
    Try removing the Microsoft one and re-booting...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "