Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 8, User Profile Corrupted (Read Please!)  (Read 20927 times)

Eisen Herz

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Familiar
Windows 8, User Profile Corrupted (Read Please!)
« on: March 01, 2013, 06:15:37 PM »
Hello,

As the title suggests, my user profile is corrupted. I have tried searching for a solution online, to no avail.

I was told, I could post a link to another forum, where I describe the issue in more detail. Please reply here, if you would like more information or if something stated is not clear.
Thank you for taking the time to review my predicament.

P.S. My username is "JayC11" on the forum: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-system/user-profile-service-no-solution/820bf934-c571-465f-b356-c6481f284444

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Windows 8, User Profile Corrupted (Read Please!)
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 10:46:20 PM »
If the issue really is a corrupted user profile, you van repair it.  :)
Did you recently  have a virus problem?
Here is an item from the CH database.
http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php?topic=69389.0
Also, have you read this?
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/fix-a-corrupted-user-profile

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 05:40:16 AM »
How do you know the profile is corrupted? Please describe the problem(s) you are having IN DETAIL

Eisen Herz

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 01:49:52 PM »
I cannot help but find this some what amusing, considering I had stated the issue was described in detail, within the link. I was also told that posting a link to another forum was okay ...

Well then, I had just bought the laptop (February 28th). It was brand new and I was using it perfectly fine, I did not do anything to it, albeit uninstall 'bloat ware'. I know, now, that may have been what caused the problem. Now, the problem: When I turn on the laptop, it reaches the log-in screen where I should choose which profile to log-in with. There is only one profile, Admin. and Public are hidden. When I attempt to log onto the profile I get the following error message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.
User profile cannot be loaded.
"

I have searched the internet, many times. I discovered that numerous people have encountered this problem on Windows 8. However, it does not end there. Most of the fixes require that I create a new profile or are able to access another profile on the computer. I cannot create a new profile and, as stated above, I cannot access mine. An alternative is to use the recovery partition. My laptop did not come with one and I did not get the chance to make one edited by Allan for language. It will not boot from USB. It does not have a disk drive. I was originally hoping to avoid sending it back, but alas, that may be my only choice. Unless someone here knows another plausible solution.

Oh, I forgot to mention. I also attempted to access the computer remotely, using CMD on another computer. I was going through the router, wireless. My brother, unfortunately, 'accidentally' pressed the wireless button on my laptop, toggling it to the "off" mode. I cannot turn it back on, I press the key and nothing will happen. If someone knows how to achieve the same effect through an Ethernet cable, that may help greatly.

In fact, if there is any way or form that I may start a system restore/refresh or edit files, externally, I could attempt to save it. How ever, I cannot take apart the laptop, because that would void my warranty. Now I'm not a hard ware person, to be honest. All I know is; I have two of these cables, a yellow one and a green one ... If there is a way to access the laptop using Ethernet, I would appreciate if I was talked through it ... I'm too stupid to figure it out by myself.

Otherwise! If anyone can recommend a NEW laptop, that can handle Skyrim at mid to mid-high, decently, I would appreciate it! So far, someone else mentioned Leenovo and ASUS (I may have spelled those wrong). Again, I'm not a hardware person, so I don't know what GFX or CPU would be sufficient.

Lastly, I thank anyone who is willing to, or has already, helped me in this matter. Even if I may come off as rude or arrogant, at certain times (Can you blame me?!) and if more information is required, do not hesitate to ask!
 :)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 03:19:04 PM by Allan »

Salmon Trout

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 02:03:38 PM »
I cannot help but find this some what amusing, considering I had stated the issue was described in detail, within the link. I was also told that posting a link to another forum was okay ...

Just linking to another forum is somewhat lazy. Ever hear of copy and paste? Best not to show too much attitude, if you want any help, and including "Read Please!" in your subject is annoyingly attention-grabbing. (People read what they want to read here.) Not to mention using the F-word.

Personally, if I were in your situation, I would be returning the laptop under warranty. Period.

Eisen Herz

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 02:33:34 PM »
What you say may be true, but I've already been to many other forums. In the other forums, people simply skimmed over my post without actually understanding what my problem was ... It's also not the first laptop to stop working on me, suddenly. In fact, I got this one after returning another one. The first laptop auto-installed the Dec. 2012 update, which caused a lot of problems for many people ... Myself included.

And, I know, that doesn't justify anything, but I'm only human ... An irritated one, at that.

Even if I don't deserve help on these forums, I still would like to ask for it. I cannot take the laptop back for another week or so, if there's a solution out there (false hope) ... Or someone could recommend another laptop.

P.S. The whole point of putting "Read Please!" was because, I got tired of people skimming my post ... I could modify the OP and remove the "Read Please!", if you wish. Also, I know I gripe too much ... And I am grateful for the help, regardless if I seem to not care much for it.

Salmon Trout

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2013, 02:41:43 PM »
I think you may be looking at a disk drive problem here, and no amount of twiddling is going to fix that. Until you have a known good example, it would be pointless to start thinking about a different model, assuming you had carefully evaluated the alternatives before choosing this one.

Eisen Herz

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2013, 02:44:58 PM »
Until you have a known good example, it would be pointless to start thinking about a different model, assuming you had carefully evaluated the alternatives before choosing this one.

Heheh ... Like I said previously (I think I said it here, I don't remember) I absolutely suck with hard ware. Hard ware is as perplexing to me, as the thought of infinity is to a monkey. I didn't really know what I was doing with the previous model. I had to research it's specs online, to understand what they were (kind of) and to compare them to the specs required for Skyrim. I just learned, yesterday, that laptops have their graphics card built into their CPU (I think?) ...

In any case, I did carefully evaluate each model, before settling with this one.

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2013, 03:20:51 PM »
Even if I may come off as rude or arrogant, at certain times (Can you blame me?!)

Yes, you are asking for help - so there is no excuse for arrogance or rudeness. And watch your mouth.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2013, 04:25:26 PM »

Well then, I had just bought the laptop (February 28th). It was brand new and I was using it perfectly fine, I did not do anything to it, albeit uninstall 'bloat ware'. There is only one profile, Admin. and Public are hidden. When I attempt to log onto the profile I get the
I cannot create a new profile and, as stated above, I cannot access mine.

If I recall correctly, if you boot into safe mode (Shift+F8 right after the system performs the POST), the Administrator account will be visible for selection. You should then be able to create a new account.

If  that isn't the case you can use something like the Offline NT Registry Editor, which you boot as an ISO. You should be able to create a new account using that.

I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.