Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Printer Locked Up  (Read 2559 times)

fordee9r

Topic Starter

Rookie

Printer Locked Up
    « on: March 07, 2013, 04:08:00 PM »
    My Epson NX300 printer was printing fine when one sheet didn't feed properly. Naturally it stopped and displayed an error message. It instructed me to turn it off, clear the jam and clear all print tasks. I did all this but when I turned it back on it it displayed an error message "General Printer Error". To be sure, I went to Control Panel & made sure there were no jobs in the printer que. Still no success.

Does anyone have an idea as to how I can get my printer back?  ???

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Printer Locked Up
    « Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 05:00:59 PM »
    I had an Epson C60 that had a planned obsolescence counter chip in it that caused a similar error message, designed to fail after so many prints. But I doubt your problem is caused by this!

But you can run SSC on it to reset the counter and give that a try. This wasn't available back when I owned my Epson C60 and so I threw my printer away which is what Epson wanted people to do. A Russian Hardware Hacker/Programmer discovered this and made a tool to reset the counter and bring Epson printers back to life.

http://www.fixya.com/search/p1287084-epson_stylus_nx300_all_in_one_inkjet_pri/reset_counter

If the paper was able to be removed without any pieces of it torn off and still left inside, there is the possibility that it chipped a gear tooth or killed the motor that is used to feed paper which as a ready state feedback loop that is coming up with an error status. But instead of trying to open this printer to inspect for damaged gears etc, in which this model is likely like other similar modern models that were designed to be throw aways, its likely all snapped together plastic tabs without screws and not meant to be serviced.

I would also blow canned air into it if you can to blow any dust off of optical sensors etc that may be reporting blocked etc, but I am guessing if this were the case it would display JAM instead on the display.