Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How can I take the data from infected SD card?  (Read 2608 times)

ziddy

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    How can I take the data from infected SD card?
    « on: April 03, 2013, 11:33:21 PM »
    Hello there,

I've search any possible post like this, but I do not find it anywhere. Hope someone would help me T__T

Straight to the point, after I checked back my SD card on pc, it shows no data, eventho I've scan it using Kaspersky several times (the trojan virus pop out :( and this virus coming from other pc because someone has copied something from my SD card),

and it shows 5.28GB free of 7.39 so that there should be any data! I've tried click on the 'show hidden folder' and 'data error-checking' but it seems nothing

someone help me. I realllllllllyyyyy need the data asap :(

thank you

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: How can I take the data from infected SD card?
    « Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 01:18:29 PM »
    This should be redirected to the virus/malware forum. Please do not 2nd post this as for a moderator will move it. The file system is likely broken and that is why there is data there, yet it can not be seen. Once the virus is gone from this device if its still present hidden from view, a tool such as getdataback FAT or NTFS can be used to reconstruct the broken file system, but this tool comes at a cost. I have yet to find a free tool that is able to recover data and rebuild file systems.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: How can I take the data from infected SD card?
    « Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 01:36:55 PM »
    Please follow the instructions in the following link and post your logs in the thread you create (NOT in this thread):
    http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html