Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: cli.exe application error  (Read 7930 times)

waltzcar

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    cli.exe application error
    « on: April 07, 2013, 09:25:30 PM »
    I recently installed Lubuntu on my Dell 9400 laptop running Windows XP (32-bit), and managed to remove a partition needed to boot into Windows.  T make a long story short, I had to repartition the entire hard drive, and reinstall Windows XP, then install the Linus OS. I'm pretty much back up and running in both OSs, but when I boot into Windows I get a popup cli.exe-application error: "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc 0000135)".  The computer seems to run OK when I click to terminate the application.  I tried uninstalling the ATI programs, but I believe it's associated with my video driver (ATI Mobility Radeon X1400), and it was a complete disaster!  I had to reinstall the video driver, but now it's back to the same.  I never had this pop up prior to the XP reinstall; any ideas?

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: cli.exe application error
    « Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 06:13:40 AM »
    If this error is showing up at boot time then it's related to something in your startup group...
    Have a look in there and see.
    Also did you remember to DLoad and install the Service packs ? ?
    If the install CD had SP 1 included you can skip SP 2 and just install SP3.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

TechnoGeek

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 07:28:11 AM »
    popup cli.exe-application error: "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135)".  The computer seems to run OK when I click to terminate the application.
    I've seen that message before when the .NET framework isn't installed and a program you run depends on it. I did a few google searches and this error seems fairly common with ATI drivers. Some version of .NET framework should be in windows XP's updates by now; have you run those yet since reinstalling?

waltzcar

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 03:37:55 AM »
      I have run the updates; I suspected the .NET framework, too.  I tried installing .NET framework 4 (seems to be the latest version), but still got the message, so I uninstalled it.

TechnoGeek

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 11:39:52 AM »
      I have run the updates; I suspected the .NET framework, too.  I tried installing .NET framework 4 (seems to be the latest version), but still got the message, so I uninstalled it.

This post on another forum (and a few others I saw) suggests version 1.1 of the framework; I've actually had to manually install that version before for a few other older applications that didn't include it with their installers. .NET Framework version 1.1 download can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26

waltzcar

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 11:29:35 AM »
        Thank you! .NET version 1.1 seems to have fixed the problem!  ;D