Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: App issues  (Read 10909 times)

nyernga

Topic Starter

Rookie

App issues
    « on: April 14, 2013, 04:57:42 PM »
    Just bought a new Lenovo desktop pre loaded with 8. I'm wishing now that it was preloaded with 45 caliber rounds.  Works ok as far as getting on the internet and browsing. On the "start" screen, I clicked on e-bay and it said "App can't open, Check the windows store for more info". When I click on "go to store" it asks for a microsoft account password. This happens on just about every app on my desktop. I have made up a password FIVE times yet whenever I try to download the app, it says password incorrect.  Shy of driving to Bill Gates house and pounding on his door, does anybody have any ideas? At this popint I cannot use any of the APPs.

PS:
    I have already had to restore this thing twice.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: App issues
    « Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 05:58:04 PM »
    Microsoft Account means your on-line account. I used my hotmail (now outlook) account information.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

nyernga

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 04:26:29 PM »
      That's what so frustrating. I have actually created a new account using a different e-mail. (the one microsoft sent me the validation to) yet whenever I type it in I get nada, zilch, zero. same problem. And heres the kicker. When I first power up the computer I get another windows password box and THAT password works every time........this makes windows ME look like a shining star..................
       ??? ::)

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 05:45:28 PM »
      When I first power up the computer I get another windows password box and THAT password works every time...
      That's your Windows Login screen.  Nothing new about it.  It's basically the same as Windows 7 and previous versions of Windows.  ::)

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 06:34:42 PM »
      Just wondering if you remembered to register ...i've seen this before.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
      • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • BC-Programming.com
      • Certifications: List
      « Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 07:32:13 PM »
      That's what so frustrating. I have actually created a new account using a different e-mail.
       (the one microsoft sent me the validation to) yet whenever I type it in I get nada, zilch, zero.
      The password to log-in will be the same as the password for the Account itself.

same problem. And heres the kicker. When I first power up the computer I get another windows password box and THAT password works every time
      Then you did not sign-in with a Microsoft Account. You can do so with the Charm's bar; point to the upper-right corner of the screen, and click Settings and then Change PC Settings, click Users, then "Sign in with a Microsoft Account" and follow the instructions. The Account MUST be a Hotmail or Outlook E-mail address.

You do not need a Microsoft Account to use the PC normally. You need it for any Win8 Apps, however. Since you have not signed in with a Microsoft Account you cannot access the Store.

By the way, you have to log in to WINDOWS using the Microsoft Account; you cannot enter it later in the Windows Store prompt, I don't believe.
      I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

nyernga

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 06:31:21 PM »
        Thanks to all. I don't have a hot mail or outlook address.  I'll try adding it and see what happens.

nyernga

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2013, 04:56:25 PM »
          Just wondering if you remembered to register ...i've seen this before.

Good idea. I know I registered the computer with lenovo but not windows..

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          « Reply #8 on: April 18, 2013, 05:09:21 PM »
          You can register and sign up your MS account and e-mail all in one step.
          " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "