Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cursor problems in Windows 7  (Read 2910 times)

MikeM

Topic Starter

Greenhorn
    Cursor problems in Windows 7
    « on: May 31, 2013, 11:07:37 AM »
    I have a HP desktop about 2 years old with the Windows 7 operating system.  All of a sudden the cursor arrow and hand have turned neon and the black line to indicate where you are typing in a white box has turned white and cannot be seen against the white background of the typing box.  I have tried going into the control pannel/mouse/properties and checking defalt. I also have tried unclicking the Shadow box and the Allow thems to change arrows box.  This has not helped. I am using the Standard Microsoft Aero Scheme. I should mention that once I statrt typing the black flashing line shows up, but it is white to show where I want to start typing.  The neon arrow disappears when I cross the line into the box.  Any help would be appreciated.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Cursor problems in Windows 7
    « Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 12:56:30 PM »
    Only time I have seen a similar issue was when a customer installed a free program to alter their mouse pointers. Has anything like this been installed or the system was fine one day and the next day it was like this with no one installing anything?

MikeM

Topic Starter

Greenhorn
      « Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 01:19:33 PM »
      It seemed to be fine one day and this showed up the next.  I could live with it if I have to, but it is annoying.

DaveLembke

Sage
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 02:58:16 PM »
      Have you tried reverting system back to a restore point before this happened?