Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Yahoo Issues  (Read 13252 times)

02bin3

Yahoo Issues
« on: June 09, 2013, 08:01:10 AM »
I'm not sure as to if this is the Forum I should be on, but this is my problem.  Yahoo has been giving me problems lately as far as freezing up, returning emails as undeliverable, being extremely slow in responding, and opening an email of a sender to the top of the one I've actually clicked on.  I thought possibly it was Firefox, so I started up with Internet Explorer and then tried Opera and the same things were happening.  I also have an email account with AOL and AOL wasn't having any of the problems that Yahoo was exhibiting regardless of which browser I used.  What I'd like to know is if anyone else out there is having the same or similar problems with Yahoo email?

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Yahoo Issues
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 09:00:36 AM »
I just tested it in IE and Opera with my Windows 8 laptop and it worked right in both browsers.  Are you using the latest version of Yahoo Mail?

02bin3

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 09:42:20 AM »
Yes, Soybean, I have the latest Yahoo and it seems to me that upgrading to the newest version is when the problems started. 

bill30955

Beginner

• Always Learning
    • Experience: Familiar
    « Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 08:03:49 PM »
    I also had problems with the new Yahoo email, besides not liking the format. I still use the old Yahoo Classic Mail even though Yahoo infrequently closes down the link. Then I look around the blogosphere and get another link to Yahoo Classic. Here is the one that I use now:

http://us.mc1216.mail.yahoo.com/mc/welcome

It takes you to the Yahoo Mail classic sign-in page. I keep the link as a bookmark and always go back to bookmarks and use this link to return to Yahoo Mail classic if I leave Mail Classic for any reason . Any other link, as the one on the Yahoo main page will bring up the new Yahoo mail. I find it cold and counter-intuitive. Mail Classic is more comfortable to use, for me.
    Bill

02bin3

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 05:50:52 PM »
    Thank you, bill30955.  I will try that and see if it works out better for me.  It really is so time consuming and annoying, but I hate to give up on Yahoo if the tried and true Classic works better.

bill30955

Beginner

• Always Learning
      « Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 07:56:37 PM »
      Here is a link to another( more complicated) way to return to Yahoo Mail Classic:

http://malaysia.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110726030130AANmNFT

I did not use this solution since I already had found a simpler link back to Classic without having to change any browser settings. I know that sooner or later Yahoo will shut down my current link to Classic and then I will look around and find another link. I have a lot of work related and tax sites that I use Yahoo as my go-to email and if I have to change my e-mail client it would take some doing. I do also use AOL email in its basic form. It is very good and has a lot of ways to block spam and unwanted emails. Coupled with AdBlock Plus on my Firefox browser to eliminate annoying advertising I would then switch all to AOL mail and import all my contacts over.
      Bill

02bin3

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2013, 08:49:52 AM »
      I tried the suggestion for going back to Yahoo Classic and apparently that is what I already have.  Something had changed with Yahoo a few months ago in that I now have to sign in twice to get to my email, so I assumed that I had an upgrade to their email program.  Anyway, I guess the only way for me to go at this point is to upgrade to whatever is their newest version.  However, I've tried to find a tab, button, tool, whatever to do this and can't find it anywhere on the email page.  I Googled for Yahoo updates and all I could find was updates for the Messenger program which I am not interested in.  Does anyone know how I can locate on my computer exactly what version of Yahoo I have and if it isn't the newest, how do I get that?  Thank you,  ???

bill30955

Beginner

• Always Learning
        « Reply #7 on: June 16, 2013, 09:54:29 AM »
        There should be a link to the newest version of Yahoo mail on your Yahoo mail Inbox page.  It is in the upper right corner and also in upper left corner near your name. And also in the dropdown options box also located in upper right corner of page. see attached.

[recovering disk space, attachment deleted by admin]
        Bill

02bin3

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2013, 10:47:07 AM »
        Hello bill30955, my Yahoo page doesn't have anything like what you are showing in your last answer.  I am attaching (at least I hope I am) a snip of what the top of my Yahoo Mail page looks like.  I know I'm missing something, but I just don't know what or where it is?  Thank you

[recovering disk space, attachment deleted by admin]

bill30955

Beginner

• Always Learning
          « Reply #9 on: June 16, 2013, 11:15:11 AM »
          The snip that I sent you was from Yahoo Mail Classic. You apparently are already in the latest Yahoo Mail. If still having trouble with it why not close the account (they will keep it reserved for you for 6 months I think) and switch to Yahoo's YMail. I know people who did so and have not had any problems. I would open a new Ymail account if you want to stay with Yahoo as email provider and import all your contacts from Yahoo Mail. See if it runs smoother than Yahoo Mail. I know that sooner or later they will shut me down on Classic and I will have to make a choice whether to stay with Yahoo Mail or go somewhere else.  I do believe that for simplicity's sake that AOL Mail basic is much easier to use.
          Bill

02bin3

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2013, 12:23:28 PM »
          Thank you for your help.  I think I will just give up on Yahoo and go back to AOL.  I've started a new email account with AOL, so all I have to figure out is how to get my Contacts and Bookmarks transferred to AOL without going through 100s of manual transfers.  Thanks again.

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          • Experience: Beginner
          « Reply #11 on: June 16, 2013, 03:18:29 PM »
          " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

02bin3

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2013, 06:03:34 PM »
          Thank you, Patio.  I did manage to get my Contacts transferred, now I'm trying to figure out how to get my Bookmarks transferred to Favorites and how to transfer my emails from Yahoo to AOL.

Verylost

Beginner

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2013, 08:50:49 PM »
            I to hate the new yahoo mail the first link just brings up the new mail yukky