Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: No sound on Dell precision M4500 after 'Dariks boot and Nuke'  (Read 3972 times)

Imjoshing

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Hi guys, any help is really appreciated!

So I downloaded 'Dariks boot and nuke' (www.DBAN.org) to wipe my second hand Dell precision M4500, a bit too excessive maybe.. ha so I have reinstalled my OS, Windows 7 professional and downloaded:

''IDT 92HDxxx HD Audio, v.6.10.0.6292, A17 ' from Dell :http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/04/Product/precision-m4500

'cbsidlm-tr1_13-Realtek_High_Definition_Audio_Codec_Windows_Vista__Windows_7__Windows_8_64bit-ORG-75317047 (1).exe'
    From Cnet.

In the device manager I see 4 'High definition audio device' that all say not plugged in and one IDT high definition audio codec that says that it is working properly.

I think the problem is that I have deleted something with 'Dariks boot and nuke' that isn't normally deleted so it is hard to find a solution for it. But really I don't know so please help me if you do!

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: No sound on Dell precision M4500 after 'Dariks boot and Nuke'
    « Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 05:38:38 AM »
    All the drivers for that Model need to be DLoaded and installed from Dell...
    Chipset driver goes 1st...then a re-boot...then all others.

Most likely the sound driver is reliant on the chipset driver being present and installed correctly.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "