Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Is FullMoviesDB.com a scam?  (Read 8432 times)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Is FullMoviesDB.com a scam?
« on: June 12, 2013, 01:09:24 PM »
Please move this if in the wrong place.
This happened on my Windows 7 64 bit PC, a Dell GX520.
I went to the site in the title and never got a free movie after doing a couple of downloads. Then I saw a disclaimer clawing they do not do what Google says they do.  Google had them down  as a free movie download site. The site advertises some recent movies and says you can watch it or download it after you complete an offer. Well, I did and it didn't.

So what is this? another way to circulate ad ware? Do I now need to do a anti-spuware scan on my Windows 7 PC?

Salmon Trout

Re: Is FullMoviesDB.com a scam?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 02:04:43 PM »
Then I saw a disclaimer clawing they do not do what Google says they do.  Google had them down  as a free movie download site. The site advertises some recent movies and says you can watch it or download it after you complete an offer. Well, I did and it didn't.

So what is this? another way to circulate ad ware? Do I now need to do a anti-spuware scan on my Windows 7 PC?

If a site has text saying "Free movie downloads!" and Google indexes that site, and shows it to you in a list of hits, it is merely repeating what the site says about itself. It does not mean that the Google company is saying that the site hosts free downloads. I don't like to teach my grandmother how to suck eggs, but it may be worth pointing out that there are lots of web sites with text on them like "Free iPhone!" or "*censored* starlets!" or "Free lunch!!! Click here!" or "Adobe Photoshop free download!" or dozens of other things that people search for. They end up in lists of Google hits. It is often a bad idea to go to these sites and click on the links you see there. What they are, to put it plainly, is traps for the gullible. Gullible people are much prized by scam artists, because it is easier to get money out of them than more worldly wise folk. So yes it might be a good idea to do a spyware scan. Shouldn't you have some kind of protection anyway?

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 03:18:28 PM »
Thank you. Yes, I am a sucker. I still trust people aster all this yeas. I should knlow better by now.
Yes, I do have protection, but it did not flag this web site. Odd. I have the free version of Avast and often nit does warn me.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 03:26:53 PM »
You should also as suggested last week start using spellcheck...or preview before you hit the Post button.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 05:47:58 PM »
Sorry Patio. The spell checker does help and I do look. But I can not read phonetically anymore. So I have to let the spell checker guess. Or I could use the Speech recognition and that is a lot of fun.  :-[

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 06:22:15 PM »
Understood...didn't mean to make it an issue as i'm aware of your conditions...
Sorry.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Helpmeh

Guru

• Roar.
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 06:53:50 PM »
It's not necessarily adware, but most likely they've been making money off you by forcing you onto PPD (pay-per-download) sites.
Where's MagicSpeed?
Quote from: 'matt'
He's playing a game called IRL. Great graphics, *censored* gameplay.

danielthemcc

Starter

• Just getting started.
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2013, 01:56:44 PM »
I don't know about other software, but McAfee Total Protection has SiteAdvisor, which warns you about bad websites.