Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Please Help - Streaming with Windows Server 8/12 to Apple devices/Android/  (Read 10778 times)

jjohnson7891

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    I've searched for awhile now and haven't been able to come up with a solution. 

I am relatively new to media streaming but I'll try to explain my situation as best as I can.  My company is looking stream videos to all users that are connected to our network.   Users may connect with their Android, iOS and Windows devices as well as use in Google Chrome.

For the time being, all of our users have Windows XP.  (The videos are for training on Windows 7, which we are upgrading to.)

I have looked in to RemoteFX, but I found that it is most likely not compatible with Windows XP.   I have tried IIS Smooth Streaming with Server 2012 but it looks like it needs Expressions Encoder Pro, which is being discontinued soon.
    I have also tried Windows Media Services but I couldn't find a way to deliver to Apple devices (no Chrome either)

Does anyone know of a solution that would fit the needs I mentioned?  Thank you greatly in advance.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    The last time we had to pre-recorded stream a video we used the free services of Youtube. Posted a training video up on there and so all computers no matter of make etc, as long as it could view youtube it could be viewed. Youtube also allows for you to set permissions on the videos to that it can only be viewed by private party etc, but there was nothing confidential about it, so it was out in the open. Also shut off comments on it so that no trolls decide to post anything inappropriate there. It worked flawlessly and was FREE!

If you need a live stream to teach people, I haven't tried that out yet to assist.

jjohnson7891

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
      Unfortunately we will not have internet at different parts of our company, so this streaming service will have to work in network.