Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Administrator Password  (Read 4569 times)

Dillon

Administrator Password
« on: October 13, 2005, 11:17:07 AM »
I have Windows 2000 on my home computer and I was messing around with the passwords, trying to figure out how to lock files.  Well I think I made it so now there is no administrator.  When I try to go in to the "Users and Passwords" part of the control panel it gives me a prompt to "Specify the user name and password of an Administrator on this computer to continute:".  I only have one account on it and it won't let me in.  Could I have possibly turned off the Adminstrator rights for the only user?  How do I log in to adjust anything if there is no administrator?

GX1_Man

Re: Administrator Password
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2005, 11:51:09 AM »
What if you log in as "Administrator" (just like that without the quotes) and use the password that was set at the time of install?

Failing that you might have to reformat and reload. That's the security feature.

Dillon

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2005, 12:14:02 PM »
I figured that part of it out.  The problem is every time I try to open the file it gives me an access denied error.  I have logged on under administrator and I still can't see this file.  Why is that?

Dillon

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2005, 12:25:02 PM »
Figured it all out.  Thanks for everyones help.

vibhor_agarwalin

Adviser

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2005, 10:53:37 PM »
    How?
    Vibhor Kumar Agarwal

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2005, 11:02:51 PM »
    Reformatted, most likely. :o :o :o :o

<-----------  What do you think of my dog?  ???
    « Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 11:03:52 PM by GX1_Man »