Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sound card with use of headset and speaker in the same time  (Read 2443 times)

zakit

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    I had following audio set up on my PC - Logitech Z4 speakers and headset plugged at the back of PC in Realtek integrated sound card. As Realtek offered at that time connector re-tasking option, I was able to use speakers and headset in the same time without loss of volume and quality (at least for my ears). Than I build a new system on Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 motherboard also with internal  realtek sound card. But connector re-tasking is gone. I have bought two internal sound cards from Creative (gone now) and Asus Xonar DG 5.1. assuming that all external cards have those options - well, obviously not. I am completely unaware about sound card options and what it all means, so can someone help me please to find sound card which can allow me to use headset and speakers at the same time from the back of PC, not using front jacks. Or explain what I need. I have cable splitter at the moment, but loss of sound is 50% on each - headset and speakers. My budget is around 50 pounds and I am running windows 7 64-bit. On Asus Xonar DG 5.1. (PCi), there is additional line out jacks, but when I plugged headset or speakers in - nothing happened.
    I have looked for sound cards for some time now, but jack re-tasking is not mentioned in specifications, and as I have bought two cards already without success - I don't know what to do, but that set-up is important for me. Any advice would be appreciated :(